Wednesday 5 October 2011

Visua - My Latest and Greatest Short Film!





Hey there!



It's Visua here and boy has it been a long time. I have something I'd like to share with you all that might just be the biggest thing I've ever done!

It was not long ago that I lost my grandfather, he was a really cool guy and I just want to say I love him very much. I was pretty conflicted with it all, loss and such, so you know what I had to do? Make a movie. I spent the better half of May writing a screenplay for a short film I based around my feelings of loss, and with the help of some really close friends of mine, we converted that script into film. 

"For Them, For You" is a short film I made--that was recently screened at the Edmonton International Film Festival (EIFF) and is to be screened at the Future of Cinema Film Festival in Michigan next weekend--which centres around a boy experiencing the loss of his toy soldier who discovers answers and truths through the stages of grief in a dream. He meets five different images of himself and they all guide him in different ways to have him deal with feelings.

I wrote, directed, filmed, and edited this film, while my friend, Timothy Choy, acted all 6 roles and composed the music with our good friend Zachary Vydra. Near the end of the film, there is such a beautiful and chilling composition of strings those two talented boys pulled off, gives me goosebumps every time.

It was honestly one of the greatest experiences of my life making this film that meant a lot to us, and seeing the final product...and that's only part of it! We had a lot of media coverage! We were interviewed numerous times and made it into two online news websites, three newspapers and 3 television broadcasts! Not only that, we had one of the highest attended short films in the entire festival! It was amazing to see our film up on the big screen, just amazing. 

Now that all the excitement that came along with making and release of the short film has died down, looking back makes all the hard work seem very worth it. Even though we put our hearts into this, the funny things is, it's not even our full potential. We're getting ready to embark on greater projects!


I'll leave you folks with some links, clips, and trailers for the short film to check it out if you want! I will be uploading it to youtube very soon, so watch for that! We're even on IMDB now!



Thank you!

Visua, AudioVisua Productions
audiovisua@gmail.com

CLIP

TRAILER

Extra Links!


3 comments:

  1. Ich möchte mehr über diesen Film kennen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is sounding like some very good news for you.
    sorry for my english

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just great! Tell us when it's on youtube!

    ReplyDelete