Sunday 10 April 2011

Audio: Tips on getting started! + Drum and Bass Tune

Hey, Audio here

As promised, I'm going to share some of the music I've been working on.
This one is a brand new song under my name xWE1GHTx. I started out producing dubstep under this name, mostly because that was some of the first electro music i was introduced to that i really liked. But after a little while, i hear a few drum and bass tracks, (would you believe that Visua showed me them?) i thought i really found a genre i could get behind.

You'll notice that in the title it say "garageband drum and bass" and that is because i used garageband exclusively to make this track. A lot of people put down garageband, saying it's too simple or whatnot, but if you have a mac, let me tell you right now;

Do Not Underestimate Garageband

This is for a few reasons.

Number 1: Easy to learn - If you look into a few tutorials on youtube (if you wanna learn how to produce dubstep, search up "CH1N1AN", (that guy totally helped me start out) and follow his tutorials, I promise that you will have the tools to start making some legitimate music.

Number 2: Great starting place - if you talk to a lot of professional producers, (E-Z Rollers come to mind) they will tell you they use a little program called "Logic 9" or "Logic Pro". This program, used to produce some of the best electro music in the world, is just Garageband on steroids. It's the same basic program. Master garageband, and you're preparing yourself for the big leagues.

I didn't mean to rant, but I'm sure anyone trying to get into production will appreciate the few tips. :p

So here you are, my latest track, this one's called Tandom.

Oh, and if you want more tips, or if enough people want the download like to Tandom, just let me know, I would be happy to share.

Easy,
         Audio

No comments:

Post a Comment